Planning a new home is an exciting time! As you embark on this monumental journey, finding the ideal floorplan is the natural place to begin. Let’s get started!
There are many factors to consider when choosing the best floorplan for your future modular home. We organized some of the most important factors to consider when making your decision. Your home should be a reflection of who you are, your lifestyle, and your needs. We hope this is a great starting point to your planning process!
- Size: One of the first aspects to consider when choosing your floorplan is size. Whether you are choosing a home for your family, or are planning on expanding in the future, size is a crucial element of a home. The first step is to decide whether you want a one-story or a two-story floorplan. For some homeowners, a two-story design offers much-needed privacy and the space to spread out. For others, sprawling a single-story layout provides simplicity and ease. One of the most exciting things about building a new home is that you can select the plan that suits your needs and your lifestyle. Thanks to the versatility of modular, one-story designs can yield just as much square footage as two-story options. Thus, the variety is limitless!
- Number of Bedrooms: Choosing how many bedrooms you would like in your home is also very important when considering floorplans. Having an extra bedroom is always beneficial because it can be used for many different purposes: a future child’s bedroom, a place for guests, an office, or even an at-home gym! Most of our floorplans have between two and four bedrooms, offering many different options to find your perfect amount of space.
- Number of Bathrooms: When deciding on the number of bathrooms you need, consider your family size, schedules, and interests. For example, how many people will be getting ready to head out for work or school at the same time? In many cases, an extra bathroom could mean a more relaxed morning atmosphere. Many homeowners enjoy a master bedroom with the privacy of an en suite bathroom. Remember to think about how your family might grow over the years so you are prepared in advance for what necessities you may like to have in the future.
- Garage: Having a garage is a popular feature included in many of our standard floorplans. Besides being a place to park your car, a garage adds extra storage and makes carrying in groceries much easier! Attached garages are a top pick, especially for families with children and during poor weather conditions. Simply pulling into your garage and entering your home without stepping into the pouring rain is a major plus!
- Location: The location of your home is another aspect that can influence the floorplan you choose. If the land where you will be placing your modular home has a beautiful view or gets a great deal of natural sunlight, you may choose a floorplan with several windows.
Unsure what floorplan is right for you? No problem! Our team can help you with any customizations you would like – that’s the benefit of modular! Contact us today to find your dream home!