Before you can have your new custom Modular Home, you’ll need a piece of land to place it on! We’ll be here to give you advice on everything from potential hazards, draining issues, and zoning restrictions when it comes to choosing, but ultimately the decision is up to you. Here are the five things we’ll do after you pick out your perfect piece of land:
- Survey: It is worth it to have your land surveyed so you don’t run into property issues down the road. Prepping the land will help decide what pieces go where and give you peace of mind in knowing what land is yours and what land isn’t.
- Excavation: Plots of land come in all different shapes and sizes. Depending on where you want to place your home could mean some excavation or tree removal. It’s important to remove any trees that are within falling distance to your home because it will cost you later if one comes down during a storm. We’ll also take note of the soil and how it will hold up against the construction of your home.
- Water and Sewer: We’ll help you when it comes to your new home’s water and septic needs as well. Depending on the lot, you’ll either be connecting to a public sewer or install a septic system.
- Bring on the Foundation: The beginning of something great, pouring the foundation! Once the measurements are made, a hole will be excavated and poured with concrete or superior walls. This will become the foundation of your brand-new home.
- Prepare for Your Home: Before we bring your home to the site, we’ll assess any dangers or hazards before loading it up. Trees, low-hanging powerlines, and road weight constrictions are most common. However, after these are addressed it’s time to bring your home in!
Now that you know how we get started, it’s time to call River Valley Builders to plan out your dream home. Our goal is to provide the best service to our clients by getting to know and understand their needs when it comes to their home. We’ll be here every step of the way! Call us at 570.374.RVB3 (7823) to get started.